From the not-always-stable Adobe SVG viewer through to support in XHTML documents I’ve always admired the idea of SVG. As the namespace reminds, it’s been around for a while and is only now, as part of HTML5, pulling into the mainstream.
First I added SVG-namespaced elements to my feed reader whitelist. I took the elements and attributes from the Universal Feed Parser and transliterated it into XSLT. (This will need to change for HTML5 in a feed as text/html.)
Next, learning just enough SVG to recreate the site logo.
My site generation scripts needed tweaking to allow namespaced XML to go into the XHTML used for the Atom feed. Then, I made sure that XHTML gets turned into appropriate HTML for clients that understand inline SVG in HTML5.
I could just bump the pixels, but high-resolution screens and the zooming encouraged by touch interfaces especially reward resolution independence.
Update: ironically, the whitelist excludes the CSS I used for opacity and a linear gradient. I’ve switched to specific SVG attributes.